Saturday 18 April 2015

Music Video 'Popular' Inspired Costume



So I came across the music video 'Popular' by Mika ft Ariana Grande and just felt inspired to make a costume from this. It had been a while since I had made something for my portfolio, this being due to that I didn't have a sewing machine with me since moving to Adelaide until I couldn't take it any longer and brought one.  (I now own 3 sewing machines and 2 overlockers all that are in working order).

I had never made a tutu (I know, shock horror) so thought this was a good excuse to incorporate one into this costume.  I kinda went for a strong, dark, futuristic high school uniform look.

Tutu 

High school bitch face on haha






Skirt, Top and Collar made by me
Stockings from Glassons
Shoes from Rubi shoes
Makeup 
Eyes: Sketch and Star Violet from MAC
Lippy: Dark Side from MAC 
Created in April 2014

Thanks for reading :)

x The Girl Backstage

No comments:

Post a Comment