I was in between contract jobs so to keep myself busy and so I wasn't wasting time, I decided to give myself a challenge and make a full on 1870s costume from under garments to outer garments.
All I had was my skills I had gained at uni and my imagination to create this. I research many images and from that I worked out how to make the pattern and then to sew it all together.
I am very proud of myself I what I achieved. From drawing up the pattern to completing the details it took me 11 days. (I have no idea if thats good timing or not but my family and friends seem to think it was :/ ).
|Corset and chemise|
|Close up of corset and chemise|
|Skirt and coat|
There are a few things I would do differently next time I make one of these and a few mistakes I have made but it was all trial and error. Over all I am happy with the outcome.
Made in 2011.
Thanks for reading
x The Girl Backstage