Saturday 21 March 2015

Back to Where it all Started...

Hey guys, I wanted to tell you how this kiwi found herself in the world of costume backstage and behind the scenes. I was always a shy kid growing up and found myself creating things such as crafts, drawing and Barbie clothes. I see that, that was my way of expressing who I was and still am and that is an artist. It helped with my confidence and insecurities through my school days. It wasn't until I was 12 years old my parents put me into drama classes after school to help with my confidence as they were worried about me going into high school knowing how tough it can be for a lot of kids. I loved those drama classes and what I got out of it and looking back I see how much it helped too. With those classes it exposed me to costumes and all the stories you can create and tell. High school came and went and I ended up going down the fashion design path but something didn't sit right with that like it wasn't complete and it wasn't until one day I received a completely random phone call and was asked to play a Sneezy in Snow White (funnily enough I was a call back for Sneezy back when i was 12 and now that same play found my calling again). It was a theatre show put on for a kids charity though a performing arts school. While being involved with this, things just clicked and I found what I was looking for and that was I could use my love of theatre and film with creating designs together. I enrolled in a performing arts school after that and my dreams started to come true backstage and behind the scenes...

No comments:

Post a Comment